Sunday, July 22, 2012

Review of Kindred by J.A. Redmerski





















Description:

Isaac Mayfair is hiding a dark secret. And just when Adria Dawson thinks the worst of her life among the werewolf world is over, she learns the secret that can rip her and Isaac’s love apart. Adria must come to terms with what the truth means for her. What it means for her life and how much time she has left to live it. She must choose between two different fates, neither of which can offer life as a certainty.

As if Isaac’s betrayal isn’t enough, Adria learns that there are things out there older and more powerful than werewolves could ever be. An archaic entity known only to few as the Praverian, unlike anything Adria has ever known or heard of.

As Adria struggles with her own fateful dilemmas, she must also try to find out why the Praverian is so interested in her and do everything in her power to stay out of its way.

Due to adult content, this book is recommended for 17+.


Review:

I absolutely loved the first book in this series, Mayfair Moon.  This is the sequel and it makes Mayfair Moon look dull.  OMG I adored this book!  I am still left in awe of what an awesome book Kindred was.

I love Adria and Isaac.  Isaac is such a swoon worthy character and I am always rooting for him.  I think Adria is such a human character.  She tries to be strong, but fate sometimes has other plans.  I felt for these two as the pages turned.

The action in this book was amazing.  I couldn't figure out what was going to happen and I found myself completely immersed in the author's world.  She did a great job making you feel like you were there.

I was really surprised when the author switched the point of view from Adrian to Isaac near the end.  I have to admit that I usually hate when an author does that.  This transition managed to shift seamlessly and gave you insight into Isaac.  

All of the loose ends still remained at the end of the book, but they were tied up in such a way that sets you up for the final installment in the trilogy.  There was a lot going on in this second book and I can't wait to see how everything pans out in the end.

I will be sitting on the edge of my seat waiting for the final book to come out.  This book was extremely well written and I highly recommend it to upper YA paranormal fantasy/ werewolf fans.  I give this read five glittery stars! 



 


No comments:

Post a Comment