Monday, July 2, 2012

Review of Rum Punch Regrets by Anne Kemp




















Description:

In just a few short weeks, thirty something Abby George has endured the death of her mother, was dumped by her fiancé, and got laid off from her job.

Stunned and seeking a shoulder to cry on, she turns to her perfect older sister, Leigh. But instead of comfort, Abby receives a surprise: Leigh needs her in the Caribbean to help with some mysterious personal business.

While assisting in the sale and repair of a bed-and-breakfast, Abby uncovers a few huge family secrets as she juggles an unexpected roommate, quirky locals, and nasty centipedes.

Abby's world is further complicated when two potential suitors enter her life. Can Abby get beyond her own pyscho drama long enough to open her heart to someone new? Or will she neurotically make her romantic life worse?

Packing nothing but her suitcases and a sense of humor, Abby George travels down an unfamiliar road, but it's all she can do to hang on for the ride...

Or will she wake up with "Rum Punch Regrets?


Be sure to check out All Fruits Ripe first!!!!!!  It is a novella prequel to Rum Punch Regrets!!!!
 











Buy All Fruits Ripe here on Amazon 


Description:

 All Fruits Ripe introduces the loveable, single and laid-off thirty-something, Abby George.

In just a few short weeks, Abby has endured the death of her mother, was dumped by her fiancé, and got laid off from her job.

Stunned and seeking a shoulder to cry on, she turns to her perfect older sister, Leigh. But instead of comfort, Abby receives a surprise: Leigh needs her in the Caribbean to help with some mysterious personal business.

Should she go? Will she go? Join Abby as her journey begins...


 
Review of Both:

I enjoyed All Fruits Ripe, but it wasn't absolutely a necessary read for Rum Punch Regrets.  The story held my interest and was an easy read.  That being said, I moved onto reading Rum Punch Regrets immediately.

The book started off where the prequel novella left off.  Abby had no job, no boyfriend and no savings.  Then her sister offered her the chance to go to the Caribbean to oversee some business for her.  The premise here is sketchy and I wasn't sure I bought it.  Never the less, I overlooked it and continued with the story and I am glad I did.

Rum Punch Regrets starts out a little slow and unbelievable, but quickly picks up the island motto 'limin'.  I soon became engrossed in all things Abby.  She was a relate-able character and easy to read.  The further I got into the story, the better it got.

I loved the last third of this book immensely!!  Boy did the author tie things together for a stunning cliffhanger!  I sure hope there will be a sequel, because the romance was just getting good....

If you enjoy chick-lit or romance stories with a unique twist, then Rum Punch Regrets is for you.  It is on sale now!!!

Buy it here on Amazon

Buy it here on Barnes and Noble


2 comments:

  1. Good review! I have wanted to read rum punch regrets since I entered a giveaway for it on goodreads.Had no idea it had a prequel though,so thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice review and blog. I'm a new follower. I hope you'll check out my blog and consider following me back. http://kellyhashway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete