Friday, August 10, 2012

Review of For Ever by C.J. Valles




















Description:


Sixteen-year-old Wren Sullivan can read minds, but when she moves from Southern California to Portland, Oregon, she meets Ever Casey—the one person whose mind is off-limits. Wren does know one thing about her mysterious classmate: he has a dark secret to hide. And the closer she gets to learning the truth, the more dangerous it is for her and everyone around her.

Review:


This book reminded me a little of Twilight in a good way.  The author manages to maintain mystery of one of the main characters through a good portion of the book.  I enjoyed the vagueness and found myself curious to see what would happen.

Wren moved to a new place and you feel for her, changing schools.  She has to find new friends and for the first time, she is interested in a boy.  The only problem?  He is strange and she can't figure out why.

The characters were fresh and the main characters mind reading is just cool.  It gave insight into the other characters and added depth to them.

I really enjoyed For Ever and was on the edge of my seat once the book got going.  I was crushed at the end when the author left me hanging, and boy was it a cliffhanger.  I have to wait until Valentine's Day next year to read the sequel Never.  I will definitely be reading it.  I have to know what will happen.

All in all, it was a great young adult paranormal romance.  I highly recommend it for all lovers of this genre.  I give this book four glittery stars!

Buy it here on Amazon



No comments:

Post a Comment