Monday, October 1, 2012

Review of Forbidden Mind by Kim Kinrade






















Description:

 She reads minds.
He controls minds.
Together, they might get out alive.


Sam thinks she's months away from freedom. After spending her life in a secret school, rented out to the rich and powerful as a paranormal spy, she is ready to head to college like any normal eighteen-year-old.

Only Sam isn't normal. She reads minds. And just before her big going-away party, she links to the mind of a young man who changes everything.

Drake wasn't raised as a 'Rent-A-Kid.' He was kidnapped and taken there by force. But his exceptional physical strength and powers of mind control make him very dangerous, especially to Sam.

When they meet, Sam is forced to face the truth of her situation, and to acknowledge that not all is as it seems in her picture-perfect world. For what awaits her on her eighteenth birthday isn't a trip to college, but an unexpected nightmare from which she may not be able to escape.

To survive, they must work together.

But will their powers be enough to save them before it's too late?

Review:

I don't know about you, but I was absorbed in this book for two days:) I loved it!  I think I might have a thing for books of people with abilities in them.  I have been enjoying them lately.  Maybe they are just well written books.  

Anyhow, this book has a great romance element here without getting physical and it was so well done.  I enjoyed the relationship between Drake and Sam.  They had such an intimate emotional connection, it sizzled.

Sam had great friends, although they were a little one dimensional.  I especially loved Mr. K, Sam's art teacher.  He was such a great character.

The story was action packed and full of anticipation.  There were a ton of twists and turns as well.  I never knew what to expect all the way to the end.  Even though it was a trilogy, I felt satisfied with the ending and it was far from resolved which I don't usually like.  

The writer has me hooked for the next book of the series and I will be waiting for the third book in the trilogy.  I give this YA, New Adult paranormal read five glittery stars!  

Pick up your own copy here:









Kimberly Kinrade was born with ink in her veins and magic in her heart. She writes fantasy and paranormal stories for children, YA and adults and still believes in magic worlds. Check out her YA paranormal novels Forbidden Mind and Forbidden Fire and her illustrated children's fantasy chapter books Lexie World, and Bella World, all on Amazon.

She lives with her three little girls who think they're ninja princesses with super powers, her two dogs who think they're humans and her husband, also known as the sexy Russian Prince, who is the love of her life and writing partner.

For a list of her books, check out: http://Amazon.com/author/kimberlykinrade
For a fun fan experience, join the team at I.P.I. at http://IPIAcademy.com
For kids and parents of young kids, join the Lost Kids at http://ThreeLostKids.com

IPI Twitter: @IPIAcademy
Facebook: /KimberlyKinrade
IPI Facebook: /IPIAcademy
Email: Books@KimberlyKinrade.com


3 comments:

  1. Sounds fabulous (:
    I've been seeing a couple of books with teens with powers here and there and I wonder how come I've read only like one book like that? I guess since the one I read wasn't so great. But it seems to me that I have to get on the ball. Nice review!
    She’s Got Books on Her Mind

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andrea, Thank you so much for this fantastic review! I'm so glad you enjoyed Forbidden Mind and I love getting 5 glittery black stars. AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete