Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Review of Incendiary (Premonition #4) by Amy Bartol





Paperback, 460 pages
Published November 28th 2012 

 

 

Review:


Oh Evie!  You are such a martyr!!!  I love how much you love those close to you.

This was my favorite book in the Premonition series by far.  There was so much action, sacrifice and love in this installment.  All the characters were front and center for this part of Evie's story.  I felt like a lot of the storyline for the series came together in this book.

I wasn't a huge fan of adding Brennus to the story line before.  This particular book made him real for me as a character.  The undead fairy with an obsession for Evie really took the spotlight in this book.  Amy had a way of shifting interest in the story to encompass him and his people.  I found myself actually becoming comfortable with Brennus.

The romance!!! Evie has all the guy problems! *wink, wink* I won't tell you all the sordid details of her love life, but a lot of things took an interesting turn in this book.  I was sure I knew who I wanted Evie to end up with before and now, I'm not as sure anymore.  There are so many different variables by the end of this story and I don't know enough yet to decide.....

This series has brought together Divine Angels, Fallen Angels, Seraphim, half Angels, undead fairies, undines, ifrets, and many more creatures that I never could have dreamed up on my own.  This book was truly creative and unique.

I am a huge YA/New Adult paranormal romance fan!!!  This series is an absolute must read!  Dive into the world of Angels with Evie and her friends on an incredible journey that currently spans four books.  I am hoping there will be another book and SOON!  I can't wait to read what happens next!

This book held my attention and I had a really hard putting it down.  I only abandoned it when exhaustion overcame me:(  I wish it didn't have to end, it was so good.  For the fourth installment in the Premonition series, I have to give it five glittery stars hands down for blowing my mind!





Author Bio:

I live in Michigan with my husband and our two sons. My family is very supportive of my writing. When I’m writing, they often bring me the take-out menu so that I can call and order them dinner. They listen patiently when I talk about my characters like they’re real. They rarely roll their eyes when I tell them I’ll only be a second while I finish writing a chapter…and then they take off their coats. They ask me how the story is going when I surface after living for hours in a world of my own making. They have learned to accept my “writing uniform” consisting of a slightly unflattering pink fleece jacket, t-shirt, and black yoga pants. And they smile at my nerdy bookishness whenever I try to explain urban fantasy to them. In short, they get me, so they are perfect and I am blessed. Please visit me at my website:  http://www.amyabartol.com

Links:

Website/Blog
Pintrest
Facebook
Twitter
Amazon
Goodreads



Other books in The Premonition Series:




Book 1: Inescapable

 Description:

My name is Evie Claremont and this was to be the making of me--my freshman year of college. I had been hoping that once I had arrived on Crestwood's campus, the nightmare that I've been having would go away. It hasn't.

I may be an inexperienced seventeen-year-old, but I'm grounded...sane. Since meeting sophomore Reed Wellington, however, nothing makes any sense. Whenever he is near, I feel an attraction to him--a magnetic kind of force pulling me towards him. I know what you're thinking...that sounds fairly awesome. Yeah, it would--if he liked me, but Reed acts as if I'm the worst thing that's ever happened to Crestwood...or him. But, get this, for some reason every time I turn around he's there, barging into my life.

What is the secret he is keeping from me? I'm hoping that it is anything but what I expect: that he is not exactly normal...and neither am I. So maybe Crestwood won't be the making of me, but it could be the breaking of me. I have been left to wonder if the dark future my dream is foretelling is...inescapable.





Book 2: Intuition

 Description:

I don’t open my eyes so I can’t see him, but I can smell him. He thickens the air I breathe, choking me with his scent…his aroma. I shiver. I have to resist. If I’m not strong, then I will be relegated to the same fate as this predator whose sickness infects me even now. But now, I crave him and he knows that; he has been counting on my need to end the gnawing pain. How he would savor my surrender. I’m alive, but how much longer will it take until I beg him not to be?










 

Book 3: Indebted

 Description:

I hang my head in sorrow for just a moment when I know I am truly alone. I feel like I’m going to my execution, just as he had said. Then I move forward again. I hop a fence of fieldstone and cross a field dotted with Queen Anne’s lace. Goose bumps rise on my arms as I pass the cluster of windmills that I have seen in a dream. The scent is sweet in the field though, not the scent of heat, like it had been when it was forced upon me in visions. I gaze down the hill, beyond the small, whitewashed house that I knew would be there. The church looms dark and grim with its rough-hewn, timber façade, capped by tall, oblong spires reaching to the sky. Black, ominous clouds have collected above the roofline, as if Heaven is showing me the way.







2 comments:

  1. I just knew this book would be good with the description. So happy to hear you enjoyed it. I need to read this series.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your review. Still have not read this series yet.

    ReplyDelete