Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Review of Crest by Heather London


Description:

Meredith thought she was safe.

She thought the people she loved would always be there.

She was wrong.

Just as Meredith begins to embrace her new world, her life is again turned upside down. She finds herself traveling across the world to pursue the one person who has the knowledge and power to help her. As Meredith struggles with who to trust and what to do next, she is unaware that the biggest battle of her life is fast approaching.

Review:

This book is the sequel to Swift.  If you didn't know, I loved Swift.  Heather London has crafted a highly original series that will captivate you.  There is nothing ordinary about this series, let alone this book.
The story starts off in the past, and was really well done without making it a descriptive historical.  I personally love the paranormal romance aspect.  I don't want to read historical romance and I love how London pulls it off.  
Her characters are well developed and really likeable.  I love Abby the most.  She has such a great personality for a supporting character.  Meredith remains a consistently well written main character and I loved how she dealt with her struggles.  
We are introduced to some new characters in this book and I really enjoyed getting to know Collin.  I can see how he will be an asset going forward in the series.  London ties her relationships up in a neat package by the end of the book and I admired her ability to make them all fit together like pieces of a puzzle.
Overall, this is a great series and I highly recommend this New Adult Paranormal Romance.  If you're looking for a new series to get started on, this is the one.  I give this book five glittery stars for being so freaking creative and awesome!


 

Book 1 in the series:



Description:

A girl totally unaware of her destiny.

Two men who will stop at nothing to take her power.

One family who will do whatever it takes to protect her.

After graduating from high school, Meredith is ready to leave the place that has been a constant reminder of what happened to her as a child. She was just eight years old when her family died in a mysterious car accident, taking the secret of her destiny with them. It’s not until a new family moves to town that she realizes leaving may not be as easy as she once thought.

Meredith feels an instant connection towards the Harpers, especially the good-looking, mysterious Blake and his overly friendly sister, Abby. After a series of bizarre events that happen too often to be coincidence, Meredith begins to realize that she is at the center of something larger than herself—possibly the same thing that killed her parents and twin sister many years ago. Nightmarish visions and resurfacing memories push Meredith closer to Blake, leading her to discover her destiny and other buried secrets.

As Meredith tries to understand her new world, she will be put to the ultimate test, and her strength and courage will be challenged more than she ever imagined.

Review:

I received this book as part of a read to review program in Goodreads.  Ah...this book was awesome!  I adored this book.  It was a must read!
It took me a minute to get into the main character, Meredith.  I felt there could have been a little more character development, but nothing major.  Abby was my favorite character.  I loved her from the time we met her all the way until the end.  Blake wasn't too bad either:)
This was a great plot that kept me guessing.  I knew at the beginning that something was going to happen soon, but it took a while to happen.  That kept me in anticipation.  As soon as she meets the Harpers, things change.
The author made Mer's job at the library so dull, I wanted to skip through those parts.  Luckily, she kept them short.
I was also sad it was part of a series, because now I have to wait for the next book!  She resolves the story enough by the end of the book, but I was still left with a big cliffhanger.
This was a fabulous YA paranormal romance.  I hope you read this review and pick up your own copy of this author's shiny debut.  I give this book five glittery stars!!!




Buy it here on Amazon

Buy it here on Barnes and Noble



goodreads link:

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/15990930-swift



 

No comments:

Post a Comment