Monday, July 8, 2013

Review of Rive by Miranda Kavi

Description:

Celeste is not your ordinary teenage girl.

She’s part of a hidden world.

Something is after her kind.

Only she can stop it.

Celeste is new to the hidden world of the Tuatha and Sidhe, a people only thought to exist in Celtic mythology. With her adoptive family and boyfriend Rylan by her side, she travels to Ireland to meet her fellow Tuatha. Her happy orientation is shattered with a brutal murder and ensuing chaos in the Sidhe world.

Rifts form with her loved ones as she copes with her rapidly increasing powers and shifting position. In the midst of the upheaval, Celeste and her friends must discover who seeks to destroy the Tuatha and open the seam between the human and Sidhe world with deadly consequences.

RIVE is the romantic, action-packed sequel to RUA you’ve been waiting for!

Review:

I really enjoyed book 1, Rua.  I was excited  to get my hands on a copy of Rive.  I knew it was going to be an awesome story and it didn't disappoint.

Rylan, Celeste's boyfriend is perfect for her.  Learning who she is though, loving him might come at a price.

I also enjoyed the introduction of new characters blending with the old ones.  Miranda did such a great job on this second book.

Celeste is also exposed to the Sidhe, a traitor and a brewing war.  This book had all the makings of an awesome read.

My ONLY complaint is that this book was too darn short!  There was so much more to the story that could have been explored in my opinion.

Even with it's stinted length, the story rocked.  It's a great five glittery star young adult read!

 

 

Description:

A girl with an unknown destiny.

A boy from a hidden world.

When Celeste starts at a new school in a small, Kansas town, she hears whispering voices, has vivid nightmares, and swarms of blackbirds follow her every move. She is oddly drawn to aloof Rylan, the other new student who has his own secrets.

The exact moment she turns seventeen, she wakes to a bedroom full of strange creatures, purple light emanating from her hands, and Rylan breaking in through her bedroom window.

He knows what she is . . .

Review:

First off, let me just start saying what a gorgeous cover this is! Claudia at Phatpuppy Art sure knows how to make a beautiful cover. I am definitely in cover love with this one.

The Good: This whole book was the good! I loved it. It was such a fast fun read that I finished it in one night. The story was well written and the plot was interesting. I loved the Hitchcock feel of the book with the bird scenes. Rylan seemed pretty hot and he is paranormal too! What more could a girl with powers want? They make a super sexy couple:)

The Bad: I wished there was more of Rylan and Celeste. I liked them as a couple and their characters could have been explored a little more. I really wanted the book to be a bit more descriptive, a bit longer:)

The Sexy: There was just the right blend of romance in this YA read.

Overall: I adored this book. It was a fun read. I look forward to reading Miranda Kavi's stuff in the future. For being such a great read, I give this book a whole five glittery stars!





1 comment:

  1. wow, these two covers are amazing
    And the premise is intriguing
    Might read them sometime
    Your reader,
    Soma
    http://insomnia-of-books.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete