Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Review of Elect by Rachel Van Dyken


Would you die for the one you love?
Nixon Abandonato made his choice. And now he has to pay the price. Tracey is the love of his life, but being with him has made her a target of his family's enemies. The only way to keep Trace alive is convince the world she means nothing to him.

Trace Rooks has fallen irrevocably in love with the son of her family's sworn rival, and she knows in her bones nothing can tear them apart. Until Nix suddenly pushes her away and into the arms of his best friend... But Trace isn't ready to give up on a future with Nix--and if he won't fight for them, she will.

In the end, a sacrifice must be made. A life for a life. For what better way to cover a multitude of sins than with the blood of a sinner . . .


Review:

I may have liked this book better than the first one, Elite. The storyline was complex and kept me guessing until the end. 
The author portrayed the mob life as dark and gritty, making it believable. There was no shortage of mob style killings and family backstabbing. 
Then there is Nixon and Chase. I love those two adorable mobsters! They are hot, sexy and care so much about Tracey. I wasn't sure who I was rooting for until towards the very end. The author did a great job keeping you in the dark.
I think this book definitely deserves five glittery stars for keeping me captivated and dying for more. I'm looking forward to reading the next book! 

Release date: December 10th!





No comments:

Post a Comment