Thursday, September 29, 2016

Review of A Drop of Night by Stefan Bachmann

Five gifted teenagers are selected out of hundreds of other candidates to fly to France and help with the excavation of a vast, underground palace buried a hundred feet below the suburbs of Paris. Built in the 1780's to hide an aristocratic family and a mad duke during the French Revolution, the palace was sealed after the aristocrats fled there. No one has set foot in it for over two centuries.
Now, in the present day, the teenagers enter with cutting-edge technology, state-of-the-art security, scientists, and chaperones. And then a brutal accident occurs. No way out. Caught in the dark.
They will have to fight to survive. But are they really alone in the depths?

Review:
I was so excited when I got this book. I mean, a palace underneath another one, awesomeness! The book was full of surprises. There were two parallel stories weaved throughout the book. One was set during when the underground palace was built, and the other was set in present day.
It started out so intriguing. I wanted to know what the heck was going on. There was an interesting mix of characters. 
Although, when some of the crazy things underground started happening, it lost me. I expected an archeology based plot, but it was far from it. It was more like The Maze Runner in style. 

Overall, I can't say that I loved it, but I didn't hate it, either. Three stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment